The Maryland Women’s Business Center (MWBC) is a nonprofit initiative of Rockville Economic Development, Inc. (REDI) that works as an independent program to help women entrepreneurs start, sustain, and grow their businesses with educational opportunities, one-on-one business counseling, and peer group business discussions, referrals to industry experts who provide free advice, and access to other little-known entrepreneurial resources.
With offices in Frederick County, Montgomery County, and Prince George’s County, MWBC plays a major role in bolstering Maryland’s standing as a top state for women business owners. Here’s our impact during the 2018 fiscal year:
- Served 1,920 clients
- Supported 62 new business starts
- Assisted in 208 jobs created
- Helped clients generate $3.8 million in business revenue
Our impactful work will continue, but we are seeking to reach and engage a new audience—women entrepreneurs still working full-time jobs. We are finding success with our efforts on social media to establish a relationship with this untapped market. However, to build a more solid connection with this growing group of business owners, MWBC needs a new website.
Your financial support will make it possible to:
- Offer our beginners’ workshops online. Examples include Orientation to Small Business Resources and ABCs of Starting a Business
- Host entrepreneurial skills-building webinars
- Host chats with MWBC Business Counselors and volunteer experts
- Improve the user experience with MWBC’s Resource Library
Will you help us get started by making a donation today?
Your support is invaluable in our work to educate and uplift women entrepreneurs in Maryland. Thank you for your generous tax-deductible donation!