Managing Director – for immediate consideration apply by 03/30/2020.
Rockville Economic Development, Inc. (REDI) is seeking a qualified, professional Managing Director for its respected Maryland Women’s Business Center initiative. Details of the position responsibilities and job requirements may be found in the job description (PDF) posted below.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit their résumé, with cover letter indicating interest, via email to HR@rockvilleredi.org. Applicants are encouraged to submit by March 30, 2020, when application review will commence.
If you know qualified candidates, we invite you to download and forward this job description for their consideration. Or, simply share this position using the icons at the bottom of the page.
The Maryland Women’s Business Center (MWBC) is seeking a bright, organized and energetic individual to help our organization improve economic opportunities for women in Montgomery County. We will provide you with a great mission-oriented educational experience, in a fun and secure setting, working in close collaboration with experienced business development leaders in our region, exposing you to several possible directions for your career.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: database management, marketing, surveying, and customer service
Event Planning and Management
- Assist with management of monthly workshops including scheduling seminars, corresponding with speakers, room set-up, handling registration, attending the seminars, tabulating evaluations
- Help market MWBC’s workshops and services by writing and distributing a monthly flyers of events
- Updating MWBC’s website, Facebook page and Twitter
- Posting MWBC’s events on community calendars
- Identifying new outlets and creative forms of advertising to help spread the word
- Attend/observe one-on-one business counseling sessions between entrepreneurs and our business counselors
- Research and write case studies of success stories for publication
- Undertake research on various topics such as facts about women in business, lists of women business owners, examples of best practices in other organizations
- Assist with mailing list/database management
- Answer phone, email or walk-in requests for information/referrals
- Represent and/or join MWBC staff in meetings with other groups
- Assist with development, collection and analysis of annual survey of outcomes
- College or high school student with interest in entrepreneurship, business, economic development, and/or marketing.
- Experience with social media and WordPress is a plus but not required.
- Must be available a minimum of 10 hrs/week.
Internship is located at the MWBC office at 51 Monroe Street, Rockville. We are located in the Town Center of Rockville, across the street from the Rockville Metro Station on the Red Line.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org