Support Women Entrepreneurs
The Maryland Women’s Business Center (MWBC) is a nonprofit initiative of Rockville Economic Development, Inc. (REDI) that works as an independent program to help women entrepreneurs start, sustain, and grow their businesses with educational opportunities, one-on-one business counseling, and peer group business discussions, referrals to industry experts who provide free advice, and access to other little-known entrepreneurial resources.
With offices in Frederick County, Montgomery County, and Prince George’s County, MWBC plays a major role in bolstering Maryland’s standing as a top state for women business owners. MWBC helps thousands of women business owners annually. In FY21, we:
- Educated 1,167 attendees through 70 small business training workshops
- Served 1,314 clients through 1:1 and group business counseling
- Served 329 clients through our Childcare Programs, a 34% increase
- Supported 505 small businesses, including 357 minority-owned businesses
- Helped clients access $6.5 million in capital, including $494m in equity funding and $5.1m in business loans
Our impactful work will continue, but we are seeking to reach and engage a new audience—women entrepreneurs still working full-time jobs. We are finding success with our efforts on social media to establish a relationship with this untapped market.
Your financial support will make it possible to:
- Offer our beginners’ workshops online. Examples include Orientation to Small Business Resources and ABCs of Starting a Business
- Host entrepreneurial skills-building webinars
- Host chats with MWBC Business Counselors and volunteer experts
- Improve the user experience with MWBC’s Resource Library
Will you help us get started by making a donation today?
Your support is invaluable in our work to educate and uplift women entrepreneurs in Maryland. Thank you for your generous tax-deductible donation!