- This event has passed.
Owning a Business: Is it Right For You? – Germantown (Montgomery County)
December 10, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
You have a great idea and think you should turn that into a business. Or maybe you are sick of working for someone else and are ready to break out on your own. You are ready to join the millions of people each year to start their own business, but are you cut out for entrepreneurship?
Becoming a successful entrepreneur requires hard work and thorough planning. During this workshop we will:
- Examine the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs.
- Clarify some of the myths and realities of small business ownership.
- Start a self-assessment to determine your readiness to become a small business owner.
- Set a plan of action to complete your self-assessments by seeking feedback from stakeholders, such as family, friends, and potential customers.
- Describe the services provided by the Maryland Women’s Business Center that can aid you in starting and growing your business.
If you are just starting your entrepreneurial journey, we recommended that you take this workshop first.
Intended Audience: Pre-venture
Note Our Policies: Refunds or comps are available for classes cancelled by MWBC. All other refunds are not provided. MWBC only accepts credit card payments for training sessions. Attendees will not be permitted to enter the classroom until payment is received. Walks-in registrations are accepted only at the Montgomery County location. Register early to guarantee a seat. Women and men are invited to attend our training workshops.
Inclement weather: For this workshop, MWBC Montgomery County will follow Montgomery County government delays and closings.