- This event has passed.
State Certification: Benefits of Becoming a Certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) through the State of Maryland – Prince George’s County
April 23, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Have you considered becoming certified women-owned business but don’t know where to start?
- Are you looking for opportunities to pursue business deals with hundreds of state and local government entities?
- Do you want to know more about the criteria to become a recognized minority business owner in the state of Maryland?
Join us for a presentation and discussion with the Maryland Department of Transportation’s (MDOT) Office of Minority Business Enterprise (OMBE) and the Prince George’s County Government Office of Central Services, Suppler Development & Diversity Division.
Ms. Denise Merritt with MDOT OMBE will address the benefits and process to apply for Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certification, specifically:
• The five eligibility standards
• The complete application process
• The most common application questions
• How to connect to business opportunities with the State of Maryland
• Marketing and business development tips when working with the State of Maryland
Ms. Mary Joyner-Battle from the Prince George’s County Government Supplier Development & Diversity Division will address eligibility requirements and processes for small, minority, county-based, and county-located businesses in Prince George’s County. Also addressed will be how vendors can gain access to county preference programs and the benefits of this access.
*Intended Audience: Startup, Growth
Note Our Policies: This workshop will take place at Bowie City Hall. Walk-ins are not permitted. No registrations allowed after 12 noon on the day prior to the workshop. No refunds issued for workshops not attended. You must register to reserve your seat.