- This event has passed.
Webinar: Corporate Social Responsibility – How Your Values Add Value To Your Business
June 4 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Forward-thinking companies have successfully integrated Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) into the core of their operations to create value for their business and to affect social improvements. A properly implemented CSR strategy can provide a variety of competitive advantages, such as increased sales, operational cost savings, better risk management processes, improved productivity, healthier brand reputation and enhanced customer and employee loyalty.
Join the Maryland Women’s Business Center and Launch Workplaces Gaithersburg for this free workshop to learn more about CSR and how to integrate it into your business strategy.
About Our Presenters:
- Mary Fehlig is the founder and president of The Fehlig Group, initially launched in 1993 as a management consultancy in corporate social responsibility. Mary believes that the ways to enact corporate social responsibility (CSR) are as individual as the values which define each client. She supports the efforts of business owners and managers in identifying and implementing the practices which best reflect their core values and business goals. Prior to founding The Fehlig Group, Mary worked in business development and systems implementation for Xerox and IBM. She brings a business perspective to her work, helping companies engage in sustainability practices aligned with their business goals. A recognized leader in the field of corporate social responsibility, Mary was elected to serve on the board of directors of Business for Social Responsibility. Mary has been a practitioner advisor for Georgetown University’s Center for Social Impact Communications. Mary has a long history of engagement with CSR related organizations such as Green America, Corporate Volunteer Councils, and other sustainable business networks.
- Timothy Guinan is Co-founder of Givhero. Tim is a native Washingtonian and has been engaged with mission-based organizations his entire life. Tim co-founded Givhero, with its mission to create socially responsible and connected communities through health and well-being. Givhero provides employers a powerful way to support a culture of employee wellness and community impact. Prior to Givhero, Tim founded N Street Strategies, a consulting firm that offered strategic and operational consulting services to the nonprofit sector. Tim also served as COO of PeacePlayers International, an organization supporting youth develop and reconciliation in Northern Ireland, South Africa, Cyprus and the Middle East. Tim has also served as adjunct faculty at Georgetown University, teaching social responsibility and focusing on stakeholder engagement. He has an MBA from The George Washington University and a BS from Miami University.
Special thanks to Launch Workplaces Gaithersburg for co-hosting this workshop.
Note Our Policies: Women and men are invited to attend our training workshops. Pre-registration is required. You will receive a link to the Zoom meeting upon registration. If this is your first time using Zoom, we recommend that you log on a few minutes early as you may need to install the Zoom app.
- Maryland Women’s Business Center
- Launch Workplaces
- Kate Vendemio
- Focus Areas
- Business Plan, Starting a Business
- Point of Contact
- Kate Vendemio, 301-315-8091